Frage

Subtitles on Joyn?

• 24 September 2021
  • 3 Kommentare
  • 1019 Ansichten

I have been reading the forum and I understand that the contents are in German because they are cheaper. Fine. But why are there no subtitles? Not in German (deaf people don’t watch tv?), not in English (there’s a huge expat community in Germany). 

Is there a reason? 

Thanks, 

3 Kommentare

Hallo @novoa , first let me welcome you to our Joyn-Community! :slight_smile: At the moment we don’t provide subtitles for content in our media library. But you can use subtitles for several Live TV Channels. You can get more information about them in the following article: 

Of course we can understand your desire for subtitles in our media library. Although we can’t provide them at the moment we can assure you that your feedback will be given to our developers. 
If you have more questions please let us know. Best regards, Kilian

@novoa

Its a local offer like most providers do.

In germany it was never common to provide subtitles (yeah, thinking the same way about deaf people).

German FreeTV providers still remain in stone age.

The reason is pretty clear, it costs a lot of money and only affects “a few” people.

@novoa I hope we were able to help you with that. If you still have questions please let us know. :slight_smile:

Kommentar hinzufügen